Friday 26 February 2016

Hard to keep the faith

Normally turning up for a Charlton home game on a Saturday is a no brainer for me, even though it involves five hours of travelling. However, for the first time, I am torn. My non-league team is on the edge of the play offs and playing a team that is at home in the play offs. All just ten minutes drive away.

I'm not optimistic about Charlton winning and, even if they did, we will still be some way off safety. I just can't see us staying up. Of course, I will keep the faith, but that faith is wearing thin. In five of our last eight home matches we have failed to score.

Harry Lennon is out after receiving a red card on Tuesday, while Jordan Cousins is doubtful after limping off. Chris Solly has a leg injury and looks unlikely to play.

Odds are: Charlton 16/5, Draw 12/5, Reading 20/23.

Charlton do look like dead men walking: Dead men walking

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. It's like watching the agonising suffering of a loved one & much as I agree with Yann's comments this week it doesn't make it any easier. I'm really not sure how much more I can take.
This is stretching my loyalty & patience to the limit: the team will always have my support but the regime can get stuffed as far as I'm concerned.

Dave said...

Wyn - do yourself a favour and stay local. You will feel much better about it at 5pm.

Peter Winny said...

I fully understand your dilemma Wyn. Thanks to the Crossrail Works I'm looking at a ten hour return journey complete with a rail replacement bus fiasco. I think the lure of a comfortable armchair in front of the Six Nations coverage (even though its on ITV) might win ...

Anonymous said...

You don't still think it's "time for real Charlton supporters to get behind the team and make some noise in support to quieten the "2%" who insist on venting their spleens at the owner & CEO" then Peter?

JONATHAN ACWORTH said...

playing Henderson week out is costing us hello league one hopefully the management can offload him over the summer and get a proper keeper in whos better game all round than dodge pot

Depressed Addick said...

I don't think Henderson is the problem - it's those playing in front of him....
Ba was awful in the 1st half today and Sarr has been caught short on numerous occasions. We are seeing the legacy of a non - footballing dictator thinking he knows better tha football professionals.