Sunday 13 December 2015

Harriott's uncertain future

Callum Harriott does not think he will extend his stay at Colchester, 'but I don't know if I will be at Charlton either. There are other clubs interested in me,' he told The Football League Paper.

Harriott was the flavour of the month under Chris Powell and Jose Riga, but slipped out of favour under Bob Peeters and struggled to regain his footing with Guy Luzon. 'Bob Peeters came in and I didn't really getting as much game time under him,' recalled Harriott. 'I didn't get a lot of playing time and when you are young, all you want to do is play. I couldn't see why I wasn't getting a chance because I was playing when I was about 16 or 17.'

'He left and the new manager came in and it was pretty much the same. I was getting a lot of "you're a good player and we want to do this formation." It was just excuses and I needed to start playing. At first they didn't want me to go out on loan but eventually we found an opportunity and took it.'

Harriott won't be playing in the cup tie between the U's and the Addicks even if he is still at Colchester. 'I will be rooting for both of them. I was born and bred in Charlton from the age of eight but I have been here the last few months and the club has been great.'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not my fav player last season i thourght he was a bit of a waste of space to be honest with everyone but he has done well at colchester and if he plays like that for what hes doing for colchester by all means i will give him a second chance he must stop the showboating and making silly errors if he is to return and consontrate getting his place back in the first team and earn his 8k a week reported hes getting off the club

Martin Cowan said...

I think League one may be about his level.