Monday 13 July 2015

More signings needed

More signings are needed before the start of the season says Addicks coach Damien Matthew. A bit of a statement of the obvious really, but good to hear from it inside the club: Squad too thin

Optimists are keeping their spirits up by saying that perhaps Roland will strengthen in January when he sees what our needs are then, given that we started with a small squad last season.

Richard Cawley of the South London Press has recently tweeted that Charlton are closing in on a signing, he is likely to be in Belgium with them.

It is increasingly looking as if we are going to lose Fredéric Bulot. Indeed, Richard Cawley has tweeted that the deal is dead and he will be joining Reims. The move has now been announced: Au revoir. A loss in my view and a shame that Roland couldn't have got this sorted before selling the mother ship.

Apparently, SL's new owner is not happy with the way the Watt deal worked out and lack of money received by them caused a few problems.

It appears that we agreed a deal with Bayern Munich for Bastian Schweinsteiger 15 years ago, but the player eventually decided not to come: Lost signing

6 comments:

boitom said...

bit worried really.squad is a bit thin at the moment.cant wait for the start of the season.got my tickets for hammers vist today .come on you reds

Unknown said...

what i here lua lua is possibly close to joining on a 1 year deal possibly next week.Sorry been away last few weeks i have got a lot on my plate at the moment ive had the biggest shock of my life to date that catherine howard is my 18th cousen which makes me directly linked to elizabeth 1st and henry 8th.My dad basically is the highest family member outside the royal tudor court which means we could possibly carry on the tudor line to our present time what i have links me to henry and owen tudor plus william of orange so at mo im trying put it through the correct channells this will become very big once we get the ok from certain people so im warning u lot now! its taken me 3 days to get used to the idea!my dads original family came from the lancaster family who designed the tudor rose !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wyn Grant said...

Warning heeded! All I can say is that it's a right royal mess. But Charlton had better start building that royal box.

Unknown said...

ok who knew about my connections?

Martin Cowan said...

I think you told before, didn't you??

Unknown said...

I started this journey about a year ago something wasnt quite adding up in our family tree for one catherine howards name kept on popping up so at the weekend we got the whole tree out on the table and sure enough shes my 18th cousen that would make me related to anne b as well as elizabeth 1st who i pusume are also my cousens i have been told that henry 8th himself would have been my uncle,this makes my dad the highest family connected to the tudor court,one side we have an earl the other a duke who belongs to the howard family.
In one of my ancestors crest abraham acworth u have the tudor rose which we can as a family also claim its a fasinating read which im at present sending off to the heritage family tree service to veryfy it.Its also fasinating we have owen tudor in it who brought over william of orange so in away i could be connected to the dutch royal family i havent even started looking yet on that side this is how my tree goes so far.

The yorkshires and the lancasters play a big part in my family several acworths came in direct contact with elizabeth of york in fact thomas owned the stables in henry 7th household.
Sir william acworth became a knight after leading the yorkshire family against henry he also has the tudor rose on his coat of arms!he switched sides and faught for henry but was captured by the yorkshires and hung for treason he owned luton biscot and bedfordshire which inherited to george acworth later on down the line.

my cousen the queen adds a bit of glamour to the tree done for treason like william and executed under the tower grounds she married henry 8th and became his 5th wife.
shes my 18th cousen

anne bowlyn also my cousen via howard shes my 19th along with baby elizabeth who also became queen.

After the tudors its all sirs sir jacob acworth was in charge of the navy and then pett and pepys also brings colourfull characters to it elizabeth and william mensioned in the diary as well so in all a fasinating bit of history this makes my dad the highest family closest to the king speaking to lawyers this week if clarified we can start making claims on any tudor relics that have been taken from our family this is massive