Sunday 19 July 2015

Happy ending for ex Addick

Charlie MacDonald played for Charlton in the Premiership. Now 34, he is facing tougher times as his football career draws to a close.

Last season, he played for Barnet, scoring eight goals in 30 games. He even postponed an operation to help the club in their promotion challenge.

But he was stung badly by the Bees when he was let go in May. 'I've been around a long time and I know that football is a cut-throat business,' he told The Non-League Paper. The older you get, you don't expect to be surprised anymore. But I was this time. It was probably the most disrespectfully I've been treated in my career.'

However, his troubles had a happy ending when Boreham Wood offered him a part-time contract. This suits him well as he has just finished a media degree and is hoping to start a new career.

No comments: