Monday 21 October 2013

Gower picks himself

Mark Gower was asked to name his dream team in this week's Football League Paper and he picked himself, but then he did pick four other Charlton players as well. Of himself he says, 'I'm an all-round good player! I can defend, I can attack, I can create chances and I'm not bad at set pieces! I used to get the odd goal, I don't much anymore, but you can't have everything.'

Skipper Johnnie Jackson is in at left midfield and Gower says, 'He won't be happy at being pushed out on the left, but he has a great left foot. He scores goals from midfield and his set piece delivery is exceptional. He hasn't really got the legs, which is why he prefers to play in the centre of midfield, but he can't play there because I am.'

Of Leon Cort he says, 'In a side you need height and he pretty much wins every header. He's had a good career. I've played him at Southend and now we're together again at Charlton. He's just dependable, reliable, he doesn't let you down with a header and he's good in the attacking box as well.'

Yann Kermorgant is picked as the striker along with Southend's Freddy Eastwood and Gower says, 'I've only played with him just recently, but I'm very impressed. He's a real handful. He can drop deep and retrieve the ball and he loves turning and splitting the defence. He also wins pretty much everything in the air, which makes him a real danger from set pieces.'

No comments: