Monday 7 October 2013

Danny Green returns

From the MK Dons website: 'Winger Danny Green has returned to parent club Charlton Athletic following the completion of his loan spell. Green, 25, played the final game of his one-month loan deal this past weekend away at Gillingham, where he set up Patrick Bamford's first goal with a well-placed free-kick. The winger returned to The Valley after the match.' [What you mean he got on the North Kent line?]

'Since joining the Club on Deadline Day, Green made a total of six appearances and helped Karl Robinson's side to three wins and one draw. The Harlow-born midfielder didn't find the net during his short spell at MK1 but still played a key role in the Dons' impressive goal-scoring form.'

Last week, Green told mkdons.com: "I've really enjoyed my time here. This is a really good Club, the Gaffer's brilliant and there are some really nice lads who have made me feel welcome. Training's really intense as well here [implying that it isn't at Sparrows Lane?] so I felt as if my fitness has improved. We do a lot of gym work also, I feel I'm getting stronger and so it's been ideal. The training has a whole has been brilliant, the gaffer is quality here and I've really enjoyed it. I feel like I've gained something."'.

I remain unconvinced that Danny Green is good enough for a starting place at Championship level, but he has his defenders, particularly given our relative lack of proven wingers.

No comments: