Wednesday 25 February 2009

Dinner with the Palace

Canberra, ACT: I have been going round Australia with a Charlton holdall, but it has evinced no comment, friendly or hostile (the Australian Addicks are meeting in Melbourne next month).

However when I went for a beer this evening I was greeted by an old friend whose first question was 'What's happened to your team?' I discovered that someone else I bumped into had been educated at Woolwich Polytechnic.

This evening when I went out to dinner I found out that my host had been in Thornton Heath and that both his father and grandfather had been born and died in Croydon, not a habit he intends to maintain.

Needless to say, he was nominally Palace. His view of both Charlton and Palace was that they were both yo-yo clubs who bounced up and down the divisions.

No comments: