Sunday 7 September 2008

Kim Grant slams sacking

Former Charlton striker Kim Grant has slammed his sacking as Woking manager just 97 days into a three-year contract. 'I'm lost for words, he told the Non-League Paper. 'Two months ago, [the chairman] thought I was the best out of 40 applicants, so for him to turn round and say he's made a mistake is very strange. I just feel the board had a knee-jerk reaction. I deserved a bit more respect, a bit more time and some appreciation of the size of the task I was faced with.'

'I had restraints on moeny so I couldn't bringing in the players I wanted. I also inherited a squad who just missed relegation last year. I would've turned it around - I'm 100 per cent sure of that.'

Grant will now take time out of football to concentrate on his wedding planning business, but is not ruling out a return to management. However, first he faces a police investigation after a complaint of common assault made by former Cards' physio Steve Snelling. Snelling alleged that Grant tried to physically remove him from the club's premises at Kingfield as players eating lunch looked on.

Surrey Police confirmed that there was an ongoing investigation and that a few more statements need to be processed before it was complete.

No comments: