Monday 4 August 2008

Pards: Zheng Zhi sale will balance books

The sale of Zheng Zhi should balance the books at The Valley, Alan Pardew has declared. He emphasised, 'It is the club which has to survive, not me as a manager' (a form of words I have not heard him use before). 'The bottom line is the security of the club ... We are a little bit under financed in the credit crisis.'

Pards put numbers on the savings he has had to make: 'I was asked to bring in £5m and chop about £3m off the wage bill plus about £400,000 off my staff bill.'

Pards confirmed that he had put in a phone call about Martin Crainie, but said that the decision was Portsmouth's.

Remarks in full here: Pards

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The credit crisis was certainly a factor I hadn't thought about when thinking of the clubs financial position. Our tightening of the belt makes even more sense now and should help us through this crisis.

Anonymous said...

Trust me, all of this 'tightning of belts' and 'financial crisis' talk will make AP a better manager and us a better team.
I still have faith.

Afar Addick.