Friday 23 November 2007

Irvine: I have Charlton sussed

Tracksuited Scottish Preston supremo Alan Irvine reckons he has Charlton sussed ahead of tomorrow evening's encounter at Deepdale.

Speaking through a translator, Irivine said that he hopes he can use the Addicks' former Premier League status to his advantage as he plots victory. He commented: 'It's a great game to start with and I'm looking forward to it.'

'By Championship standards I know more about Charlton than most other clubs in this division. I was involved in Everton's preparations to play against them last season, so hopefully I can use some of that knowledge. Charlton are a decent team and are in a position I expect them to be in.'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously not sussed enough to know that our team has changed a bit since last season!

Anonymous said...

Yes, he can go back and use last seasons notes on beating a defence of El Karkouri, Diawarra, Young and Hreidarsson. He should probably brief his full-backs on the lightening pace of Rommedahl and the attacking prowess of fat Jimmy Floyd too.